Skip to content
- 1/2 cup softened butter 1 cube
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled green apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 5 TBSP cold butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Vanilla Glaze: Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in eggs, milk and vanilla and stir to incorporate. Mix in flour, salt and baking powder. Fold in apples and nuts. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
- For topping, combine all ingredients and mix with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean. (Internal temperature of bread will be 200 degrees F when fully cooked.)
- Let cool. Remove from pan and drizzle top with vanilla glaze. Slice and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.