- Air fryer
- Glass bowl
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Bamboo Toothpick sticks or cocktail sticks
- cutting board
- 24 (2 inch) Pineapple chunks or cubes (see note 1 if using canned pineapples)
- 8 Slices Regular cut bacon (Cut in thirds)
- ¼ Cup brown sugar (optional)
Prepare the bacon
- Cut bacon in thirds crosswise and set aside
- Toss pineapple chunks in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar if using. If not using brown sugar, move to bacon wrapping.
Assemble it all
- Wrap each pineapple chunk with bacon and secure seam with tooth picks or cocktail sticks.
- Repeat process till all the pineapples have been wrapped.
- Roll wrapped pineapples in the rest of the brown sugar if using.
- Place bacon wrapped pineapples in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket
- Set temperature to 400°F / 200°C and bake for 10 to 12 mins flipping half way through. Remove and cook subsequent batches.
- If using canned pineapple, buy the rings and cut it into thirds.
- Use cold bacon. It’s easier to cut cold bacon without stretching and distorting the shape.
- No need to preheat the air fryer. However start checking the second batch at 10 mins if using a Ninja air fryer
- Do not overcrowd your basket. Cook in batches if needed. I used a 5.8qt air fryer 12 fits in mine at a time. Put whatever amount that will fit in yours without overcrowding the basket.
Serving: 4PiecesCalories: 184kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 4gFat: 16gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 292mgPotassium: 88mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gCalcium: 4mgIron: 4mg
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Please read full nutrition disclaimer here.