This beer-battered fish is a great recipe and very easy to do. We often fish all day with friends, and then cook the fish afterwards out on deck. Yummy and great!
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 8 (4 ounce) fillets cod
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer, or as needed
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Rinse cod fillets, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add egg and stir well to combine. Gradually mix in enough beer to make a thin batter.
- Dip cod fillets into the batter to coat. Carefully lower fillets, one at a time, into the hot oil. Fry several fillets at a time, turning once, until cooked through and golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat to cook remaining fillets. Serve warm.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES