BEST CRUSTLESS SPINACH, ONION AND FETA QUICHE
I found this recipe the other day and tried it but instead of making it in a pie plate I made it in muffin tins. It is a great size, I froze the leftovers and just grab and go by lunch they are thawed and make a great tasty lunch. Thanks for sharing
Easy and yummy dish! I used 2 eggs and 4 egg whites as well as shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese instead of feta — looking forward to trying it with feta. Also, would add a little spice to it in the future. Maybe sautee some garlic along with the onion.
Instead of the egg beaters, which I did not have, I used 2 eggs and the whites of 3 eggs. My carnivorous, junk-eating husband LOVED this and has asked me to make it again. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe! –
To Find Out All The Delicious Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow, Please Head On Over To The Next Page.
- SERVINGS 6
- SmartPoints : 4
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 ounces Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg beaters (liquid substitute)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/3 cups non fat milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch quiche/tart pan (or a pie plate)
- In a medium frying pan, cook diced onion with a bit of vegetable oil (or cooking spray) over medium-high heat until translucent and tender.
- Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, and baking powder.
- Whisk in milk, then stir in spinach-onion mixture.
- Pour quiche base into prepared pan. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
- Let set for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Nutritional Info :Servings Per Recipe: 6Serving Size: 1 servingAmount Per Serving
- Smartpoints 4
- Calories 134.1
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 249.0 mg
- Potassium 335.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g