This creamy mushroom pasta features hot cooked fettuccine pasta coated in a beautiful, aromatic, creamy mushroom sauce. You can use any pasta you like in this quick dish.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fluid ounces sherry
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 9 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir white and shiitake mushrooms in hot oil with a pinch of salt until liquid from mushrooms evaporates and mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic into mushrooms and cook for 1 minute; pour in sherry and cook until wine is nearly evaporated. Stir in chicken stock; season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour cream into mushroom mixture, stir to combine, and simmer for 5 minutes. Mixture will foam and thicken slightly.
- Stir thyme, chives, and tarragon into mushroom sauce and turn off heat; mix 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into sauce until cheese is melted.
- Pour 1/2 of the mushroom sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Top with remaining mushroom sauce and 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES