These tasty crab-stuffed mushrooms are seasoned with thyme, oregano, and savory. Choose good-sized mushrooms for this appetizer, about 2 inches across. When cleaning mushrooms, don’t run them under water; they’re like little sponges and will absorb it. Just wipe them clean with a damp towel instead.
- 7 ounces crabmeat
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground savory
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine crabmeat, green onions, thyme, oregano, savory, and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and 1/4 cup Parmesan until well combined. Refrigerate filling until ready to use.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Remove stems. Spoon out the gills and the base of the stem, making deep cups. Discard gills and stems.
- Fill mushroom caps with rounded teaspoonfuls of filling and place them in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan and paprika.
- Bake mushrooms in preheated oven until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES