- Easy Chicken Fajitas are one of our all-time favorite dinners. Tender juicy chicken breasts, fresh crisp peppers, and sweet onions tossed in an easy homemade seasoning and piled high in tortillas.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lime
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, green or orange
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon cumin optionalRead also
- Cut onion into slivers & slice peppers.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of ½ lime, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, pepper, cumin and salt. Cut chicken into strips and toss with the spice mixture. Set marinate chicken aside for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high. Add ½ of the chicken and cook until just cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Drain onions well and cook 2 minutes. Add in sliced peppers and cook an additional 2 minutes or just until hot. Add chicken back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Squeeze additional lime overtop and serve over tortillas.