Peach Freezer Jam
20 minutes active; 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 (1.75 oz.) package no-sugar-needed fruit pectin
- 5-6 ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened white grape juice
- 5 (8 oz.) mason jars or tupperware containers
- 1/2-1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and carefully lower peaches into water. Cook for 30 seconds, then remove from water and place in an ice bath to prevent further cooking.
- Once cool, peel skin off and dice into small pieces. Purée peaches in food processor until smooth.
- Pour grape juice and lemon juice into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then stir in pectin.
- Make sure mixture is at a rolling boil and use a wire whisk to stir until pectin is fully dissolved. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in peach puree, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, then let cook (boiling) for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove jam from heat and pour into glass containers, make sure to leave space on the top for the jam to expand in the freezer.
- Let cool fully, then seal jars and store in freezer.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl