- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- After bringing your butter to room temperature, use an electric mixer or rubber spatula to whip the butter until fully softened.
- Use a spoon or rubber spatula to add your herbs and other fresh ingredients, so they don’t bruise or fall apart. Thoroughly mix any dry spices beforehand so they can be incorporated into the butter evenly.
- Optional: once your everything is incorporated, roll your butter(s) in parchment paper and twist the ends to then freeze and slice for later, if you’re not serving it immediately. Or, place in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator.