French Toast Recipe
- 8 thick slices bread (a hearty white bread should work, about 1/2″ slices)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted plus extra for skillet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place bread on a wire rack or baking sheet. Bake bread about 8 minutes. flip, then bake another 8 minutes. Remove from rack and let cook 5 minutes.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan.
- Soak the bread in the mixture about 20 seconds per side, then transfer to a separate baking sheet.
- Lower oven temperature to 200F to keep cooked french toast warm.
- Add butter to a skillet, and cook over low heat. Transfer slices of bread to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer toast to a baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Repeat until all toast is cooked. Serve warm with butter, powdered sugar, and/or maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from the Food Network