- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- cooked egg noodles
- Place a large pot of water over high heat. When water comes to a boil add a teaspoon of salt and add noodles. Cook noodles until tender. Follow directions on the package.
- When noodles are tender, drain and set aside. Keep warm.
- While the noodles are cooking, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Break up beef into crumbles as it cooks.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove beef mixture from the skillet and drain off any excess fat. Set beef mixture aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat butter over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, sprinkle flour over the butter.
- Use a whisk to combine butter and flour. Continue to stir continuously until flour begins to turn a light toasted brown in color.
- Slowly add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the pan, whisking continuously until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Continue whisking sauce as it comes to a simmer and starts to thicken.
- Whisk in the Cream of Mushroom soup, whisking until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the sour cream and continue to stir until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Return beef to the pan and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until sauce and beef are heated through and sauce is rich and thick and creamy.
- Spoon a generous amount of the beef sauce over a bed of noodles.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley to serve.
VARIATION: Add a 6.5 oz can of sliced mushrooms (drained) to the sauce.