Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted or unsalted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, cold
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup neutral oil or melted and cooled unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt two tablespoons of butter. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the heavy cream, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and the chocolate chips, increase the heat to medium, and whisk until smooth and fully combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool for five minutes, transfer to a 6 or 8-inch round cake pan lined with parchment or wax paper, and place in the freezer for one hour.
- After one hour, remove it from the freezer and run a knife along the edge to loosen it, remove it from the pan in one piece, and set it aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and set aside. *If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can cook it in a 9×9 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and the white sugar until smooth.
- Add the butter or oil and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of cocoa powder, flour, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the batter evenly across the skillet.
- Place the fudge disc in the center with the parchment/wax paper side facing upward. Peel the paper off and discard.
- Layer with the remaining brownie batter, spreading it evenly across the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on the middle oven rack. Remove from oven and top with marshmallows, then bake an additional five minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.