Most Helpful Reviews From Allrecipes.com
- My whole family loved it! Easy clean up too! The only change I made from the original recipe was to follow another reviewers advice & add beefy onion soup mix to the ground beef before making the patties. We will definitely eat this again!
- Before shaping the ground beef into patties, in addition to the salt and pepper, add onion salt, garlic salt and worcestershire sauce–not quite so bland after that. Also, you could use the pre-packaged baby carrots your kids already munch on instead of the whole large carrots to save time.
- We love this recipe! The only thing I changed was mixing the ground beef with onion soup mix for more flavor.
- I really liked this dish. I did change the recipe a little bit though. I seasoned the beef with Johnny’s seasoning salt and I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I also used baby carrots and put celery in it and an extra onion. I sprinkled Johnny’s seasoning salt over the top of everything. It was delicious!
- My dad used to make these for us when we were kids. I now use turkey burger and then season it with a garlic powder, salt and pepper mix. I then add approximately a 1/2 a can of cream of mushroom soup per hobo and then the onions, carrots, celery and potatoes – wrap it up in foil, put it in the oven and bake as directed in this recipe – my hubby loved it!
- My mother-in-law has made these for years. She makes them in individual foil packets and sprinkles them liberally with Worcestershire sauce and Heinz 57 sauce.
- Good, but will make sure the beef is extra lean so it isn’t sitting in much of the drippings.
- We make these into individual packets and cook on the grill. We also add a few spoonfuls of cream of mushroom soup straight from the can to make a nice gravy. I also add 1 Tb. minute rice and 2 ice cubes with the soup instead of potatoes for hubby who does not like potatoes. (The ice cube is easier to wrap than the water.)
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS.