I found this recipe on facebook and just had to try it. This is a wonderful bread that can be used as a dessert by topping with honey, powdered sugar, etc. or can be used for main dishes such as topping with taco ingredients for an “Indian Taco”. My family loved it.
- 4 c flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered milk
- 1 1/2 c warm water
- 1 c shortening
- extra flour to flour your hands
- Place flour in large bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and powdered milk. Mix thoroughly. Mix in warm water to form dough.
- Cover hands with flour. Knead dough until soft but not sticky. Cover with cloth and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into balls about 2 inches across then flatten by patting and stretching the dough.
- Melt shortening in fry pan about an inch deep. When hot put dough in the pan. Fry one side until golden brown and then turn and fry the other side.
- Remove bread and place on rack to cool.
” Please note that some meals are better to be prepared every once in a while because of some ingredients like meat, cheese, lot of sugar, fats..etc.
Having meals with these ingredients all the time may damage your health. ”
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.