These bars are dense and hearty and they’ll keep you going all morning long. There’s nothing worse than eating breakfast and being hungry again minutes later! The coconut oil and hearty oats make these super filling and will surely keep you satiated until your next meal. The flavors here are easy to adapt to your liking… but who doesn’t love the combination of maple and brown sugar with oatmeal? It’s our favorite comforting, homey breakfast in bar form!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs, and brown sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to bowl and stir until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven until edges are golden brown and center has set, about 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing into bars and serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from All Recipes.