- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 elachie (cardamom) pods
- 2 pieces taj (cinnamon sticks)
- 3 lavang (cloves)
- 2 star anise
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 1kg mutton curry pieces
- 1 Tbsp red ginger garlic masala
- 1 Tbsp brown vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp dhana jeeru (coriander cumin) powder
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 large tomatoes (liquidized)
- 40g sachet tomato paste (optional)
- ½ tray baby marrow (grated fine)
- 4 large potatoes (cut in halves or quarters)
- 1 ½ cups water
- Fresh dhania (coriander, chopped)
1. Braise onion with oil, taj, lavang, star anise, bay leaves & elachie until golden.
. Add spices & chillies, braise until fragrant.
3. Add mutton & vinegar, coat well.
4. Cook until mutton is tender, adding water as needed.
5. Fry potatoes until crispy and golden outside and soft inside.
6. Add tomatoes, tomato paste & baby marrow to pot; cook until reduced.
7. Add potatoes, chopped dhania and 1 ½ cups water to make a gravy. Cook until the consistency desired is reached.