Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
15 minutes to prepare 2 dozen
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, peanut butter, and white and brown sugar, and whisk together until smooth and creamy. 3-5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, then stir in pretzels and rice krispies, tossing until everything is evenly coated.
- Let mixture cool for 2-4 minutes, then stir in chocolate chips until incorporated. Use a 1-tablespoon scoop or spoon to drop cookie mixture onto lined baking sheets, topping with seas salt, if desired, then refrigerate until set.
Recipe adapted from Little Dairy On The Prairie