- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled *See note.
- 1 (½ cup) stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (red pepper flakes)
- ½ teaspoon herbs de provence
- favorite fresh herbs: rosemary, sage
- Do NOT use a glass baking dish – it could shatter in a 500°F oven.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 500°F.
- Spray a 12 x 8 inch (or similar sized) pan with cooking spray.
- Square off the pointed ends of the potatoes and cut into 1-inch-thick disks. The potatoes should be very similar in size.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the melted butter, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- In the prepared pan, place the potatoes in a single layer with at least ½ inch between potato disks.
- Roast the potatoes 20 minutes or until bottoms are beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove pan from the oven and flip the potatoes over using a flat metal spatula. Loosen the potatoes from the bottom – do not pull up on the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the oven and cook another 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and minced garlic.
- Remove pan from the oven, flip potatoes and pour the broth/garlic mixture over the potatoes.
- Cook another 15 minutes. The potatoes should be tender and sauce reduced slightly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon a little of the sauce over the potatoes.
*Note: Use potatoes that are at least 1½ inches in diameter.
Source : https://www.thecookierookie.com/oven-roasted-melting-potatoes/