- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry or you can use 2 cups of fresh spinach cut to small strips
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shred mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound phyllo dough thawed
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
Let’s do it!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine spinach, feta, cottage mozzarella, eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir until well combined.
Cover the phyllo sheets with a wax paper and then put a kitchen towel on top of the waxed paper. Phyllo dough dries out really quickly.
Melt your butter, use a pastry brush, and a pizza cutter or knife. Place one piece of phyllo dough on a large cutting board, cover the rest, and then carefully but quickly brush it with butter.
Place another sheet on top and repeat until you have 4 sheets of dough total. Brush the top sheet with butter too.
Cut the phyllo dough into 12 rectangles (cut the long side into 4 pieces and the short side into 3 pieces)
Pick up one rectangle and push the center into the bottom of the muffin tin holes. Press on the sides gently to make a cup. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
Using a tablespoon fill the phyllo cups with cheese and spinach mixture until it reaches to 2/3 high of the cup.
Bake until brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.