“Growing up this was my absolute favourite recipe that my Mom made, although she made them in a pressure cooker. This easy to do version here is for the stovetop. The extra sauce is great for pouring over a side dish of mashed potatoes as well! Memories from my childhood! Comfort food at its best!” -Geoff
• 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 pound ground beef
• 2 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
• 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
• 1 cup water
• 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2 inch round meatballs.
2. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
3. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.