Skip to content
- 5 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl or a half gallon mason jar, toss together cucumbers, onions, peppers, and salt and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, and pepper flakes in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, remove from heat and add 2 handfuls of ice.
- Once ice has melted, pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers. Cover and store in refrigerator. Will keep for 2 months.