1 lb. ground beef (ground turkey would also work well here- you can also do ground Veggie crumbles to make it Vegetarian)
1 32 oz. package Tater Tots
¾ cup Hood sour cream (use light for less calories)
¼ cup milk (use low fat or skim for less calories)
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 ½ tsp garlic salt
1 medium onion
2-3 tsps. oil mix (90% veg oil, 10% olive oil)
salt and pepper to tast
Thaw tater tots.
Dice onion finely. (I have been known to mince mine- same flavor, but if your kids don’t enjoy the texture of onions, the smaller they are, the less likely they are to notice them in the dish)
Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
Preheat oven to 350
1. Saute onions in oil mix until they begin to become translucent
2. Add ground beef to pan and cook until done.
3. Drain excess liquid if needed.
4. In a large bowl combine tater tots, ground beef, sour cream , milk, chicken broth, shredded cheese, garlic salt, and onion- stir to combine all ingredients well.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan.
6.Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbling.
8. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.