This best mashed potato recipe is often requested during Thanksgiving. It’s totally tasty, and everyone will rave! For a variation, spread in a casserole dish and refrigerate overnight; the next day, sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and butter and reheat in the oven.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup butter
- ½ medium head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes; place in a large pot. Cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot over low heat to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, chives, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth and serve.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES