Oven roasting brings out the best in all vegetables, including Brussels sprouts. The oven’s heat caramelizes the Brussels sprout’s leaves, turning them lacy and crisp while tenderizing their tough core. And that’s just with a basic sprinkling of salt and pepper! Once roasted, Brussels sprouts can be served as a side straight from the oven, or you can toss them with a few other kitchen staples to turn them into a showy number studded with bacon and glazed with honey.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 strips bacon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a bake sheet with foil.
- Trim off bottoms of Brussels sprouts and cut in half (or cut in quarters if they are larger than 1 inch). Place into a large bowl.
- Chop the onion and bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bowl with the sprouts. Add the oil and toss to coat well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bake sheet and roast 20-25 minutes until tender and browned, tossing once during the roasting.
- Remove pan from the oven and drizzle Brussels sprouts with the vinegar and salt and pepper, tossing well. Serve hot or at room temperature.Source : allrecipes.com
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.