Wonderful salad for the holiday seasons. Great to serve for dinner at home or to take to a family gathering during the holidays.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pear – peeled, cored and sliced
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Process until well blended. With machine still running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds, and process just a few seconds more to mix.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, shredded Swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, apple, and pear. Pour dressing over salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES