- 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
1- Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, and garlic.
2- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste; stirring until well mixed.
3- Cover and simmer 1 hour (or longer, but watch for getting too dry).
4- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
5- Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray.
6- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 1lb of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
7- Top off with a layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
8- Bake at 375F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. (I cover w/ foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.
9- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Source : allrecipes.com