A buttery brown sugar and cinnamon mixture is swirled into a white cake and topped with a glaze in this recipe for Cinnabon(R) roll cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 T butter, melted
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2/3 cups nuts (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- With an electric mixer or stand-up mixer, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Once combined well, slowly stir in 4 T melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9×13″ baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts until well combined.
- Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoon and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Place powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.
- Serve warm (we like it straight out of the oven) or at room temperature.