– 2 cups flour
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 10 tablespoons (+2-3 additional tbsp if needed) Marsala wine
– Cannoli forms-
– egg white for wash
– 1 cup icing sugar
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 32 ounces ricotta cheese (drained)
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, cinnamon, shortening, salt and sugar in a food processor. Process until the mixture is like fine sand.
2. Add Marsala through the chute, until the mixture forms a ball. You may need to use 1-2 additional tablespoons of marsala if the mixture is too dry to come together.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 1-2 hours.
4. Roll out dough with a rolling pin, or run through a pasta maker to make a thin sheet of dough. Cut out dough with a round cutter approximately 4″ in diameter.
5. Wrap dough circles around a cannoli form, and seal edge with a small dab of egg white.
6. Heat oil to 315F- 325F. Place cannolis into the hot oil and gently hold in place, turning until golden brown.
7. Transfer to a piece of paper towel to cool.
8. Dip ends into chocolate and sprinkles if desired, and set aside to harden.
1. Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. In a small bowl combine sugars and cheese. Gently fold in whipping cream.
3. Continue to fold while adding chocolate chips.
4. Transfer filling to a piping bag and squeeze filling into each end of the cannoli.
5. Consume within a few hours.