I love this pretzel dessert. My aunt makes it every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It works great with strawberry and blueberry pie filling as well.
Prep:15 mins/ Cook:10 mins/Additional:30 mins/Total:55 mins/Servings:30/Yield:1 13×9-inch pan
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mix pretzels, melted butter, and sugar together in a bowl; press into the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish.
Bake crust in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove to cool completely.
Stir cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar together in a bowl. Fold whipped topping with the cream cheese mixture until smooth; spread over the cooled pretzel crust. Spread cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer.