This is my little picky eater’s favorite soup.
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 ½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add carrots, potato, onion, celery, chicken broth, and ginger. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup in batches to a food processor; blend until smooth. Return soup to the Dutch oven; stir in cream. Add curry powder, salt, and black pepper; cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES