8 slices wheat sandwich bread
3 tablespoons milk
1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
butter, for greasing the pan
8 pre Cooked sausage links , you can use turkey or pork
1. Take each slice of bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
2. Place 1- already cooked sausage link at the end of your rolled out slice of bread . Roll the bread up tightly and repeat with the remaining pieces of bread.
3. In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs and cinnamon and milk until well combined.
4. In a separate shallow bowl you can add a tablespoon of powdered sugar to drizzle on top after you are done (this is optional of course).
5. Heat a skillet set over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter.
6. Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture coating well and then place them in the pan seam side down. Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add butter to the pan as needed.
7. Add cooked rolls immediately to plate , and continue cooking, I cooked 4 at a time. You can serve with syrup for dipping but I think they’re perfectly fine all by themselves.
8. My boys love them. Or I should say men, because one is 25, and with this cooking he’s never gonna move! Enjoy!