With layers of coconut-pecan filling in between layers of luscious, rich German chocolate cake, this cake is really amazing! This is exactly the luscious German Chocolate Cake that you’ve been dreaming of.
Sure, a delicious German chocolate cake is rich and indulgent on its own, but no chocolate cake is complete without a dollop of whipped cream on top. Simply ask your children. Or, for that matter, your mother. Using our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe, you can create the ideal frosting for your German chocolate cake. We’re willing to bet that this frosting, which is thick, nutty, and delicious, is the greatest possible excuse to cut into a piece of chocolate cake.
The roasted pecans are the starting point for this coconut-pecan frosting. In the meanwhile, while you’re waiting for the pecans to arrive, you may make the foundation of your coconut icing by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat and whisking in evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Once the base is boiling and becoming a caramel color, take it from the fire and mix in the remaining ingredients. Set it aside to cool completely. What’s the greatest part? Because a little quantity of this homemade chocolate cake frosting goes a long way, you won’t have to worry about having enough for every piece of your cake. Although you should make sure you have a glass of milk on hand, this is not a must.
TO MAKE IT YOU’LL NEED:
• Half a glass.Of boiling water.
• “Sweet cooking German” chocolate, I used four ounces.
• 400 grams.Of sugar.
• 2 softened sticks.Of butter.
• 4 stiffly beaten egg whites.
• 4 large-sized egg yolks.
• 300 grams.Of cake flour.
• 1 small spoon.Of vanilla.
• 1 small spoon.Of baking soda.
• 1 small spoon.Of salt.
• A glass.Of buttermilk.
To make the Coconut Pecan Frosting, you’ll need:
• 200 grams.Of sugar.
• A stick.Of butter.
• 1 Cup.Of evaporated milk.
• 1 small spoon.Of vanilla extract.
• 3 egg yolks.
• Flaked coconut, I used approx. 2 cups.
• 1 Cup.Of chopped pecans.
METHOD OF WORK:
• Step 1 – The first thing you’ll do before starting the preparation, is preheating your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then grease two 9-inch square pans or three 8-inch square pans with butter or margarine before beginning.
• Step 2 – The second one is mixing the boiling water with the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is melted; set aside to cool.
• Step 3 – In a large mixing basin, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating after every addition. At a low speed, beat in the chocolate and vanilla extracts.
• Step 4 – Alternately stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition until the mixture is smooth, and add in the egg whites beating again until well combined.
• Step 5 – Using a spatula, divide the batter between the pans. Square pans should be baked for 40-45 minutes, and round pans should be baked for 35-40 minutes.
• Step 6 – Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the dish. Allow cooling before icing with Coconut-Pecan Frosting.
• Step 7 – To make the Coconut Pecan Frosting: Combine the sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, and egg yolks in a saucepan, and beat until smooth.
• Step 8 – Cook, stirring periodically, over medium heat until the sauce has thickened, approximately 12 minutes. Turn off the heat.
• Step 9 – Add the coconut and pecans and mix well. Beat until the mixture has the consistency of spreadable cream cheese. Allow the frosting to cool and thicken before applying to the cake.
I HOPE THAT YOU WILL ENJOY THIS CAKE FROM A to Z, JUST GATHER ALL INGREDIENTS NEEDED AND START MAKING THIS MIRACULOUS German CHOCOLATE CAKE NOW!!