- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup hot cocoa mix
- 4 ounces white or dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons sprinkles
- Prepare your materials so you can work quickly.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. If using the microwave, set on 30-second intervals. Stir in between each interval.
- Pour about two tablespoons melted chocolate into each sphere. Using the back of a spoon spread the chocolate around the sides until it’s completely covered.
- Using a bench scraper or knife, scrape across the top of the molds, removing any excess chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator to harden. Remove and add more chocolate, filling any holes.
- Repeat until you have thick spheres.
- Once hard, remove from mold. Place back in the refrigerator to cool for a few minutes. The heat from your hands will soften the edges.
- Prepare the ingredients to go inside the spheres.
- Place plate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Remove chilled spheres and full one sphere at a time.
- Fill sphere and set on counter. Get top of sphere and place rim down on the hot plate. Place on top of filled sphere and gently press together. Set hot chocolate bomb on a chilled plate and set back in refrigerator.
- Repeat until all spheres are filled.
- The final step is to decorate your chocolate bombs. There are so many ways to do this, but one simple and elegant way is to melt more chocolate and place in a zip top bag. Let chocolate cool a bit before place in bag. Cut a small hole in the corner and use it as a piping bag to drizzle chocolate on the top of the chocolate bomb using a back and forth motion.
- We used white chocolate, but you could also use milk or dark chocolate.
- Add any sprinkles or decorations immediately after chocolate is drizzled, before the chocolate has a chance to set.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg