The steakhouse favorite gets a potluck makeover to become this easy baked potato salad recipe loaded with bacon, cheese, and scallions in a sour cream and mayo dressing.
- 4 pounds russet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream , or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces bacon , cooked, cooled and chopped
- 6 green onions , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups medium cheddar cheese , shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place cleaned potatoes on a baking sheet and pierce 4-5 times with a fork. Lightly coat with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, and cook for 50-60 minutes or until easily pierced with a cake tester or skewer. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks, discarding the potato jackets. The potato flesh may crumble and get shaggy, and that’s okay—transfer it all to a large mixing bowl. While still warm, sprinkle the potatoes with the apple cider vinegar and rest for 15-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooled.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet or in the oven, drain, and let cool. Crumble into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sour cream. Season with the kosher salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are cool, pour the mayonnaise mix over the potatoes with the crumbled bacon, green onion, and cheddar cheese. Gently fold the ingredients together. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 3 hours up to overnight before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Don’t want the whole house to smell like bacon? Cook yours in the oven instead. Once the potatoes have finished cooking, place the bacon on a lined baking tray and cook at 400° F for about 15 minutes or until your desired crispness.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 608mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 314IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2mg