This easy slow cooker beef stew recipe made with potatoes, carrots, celery, broth, herbs, and spices is hearty and comforting. You won’t be slow to say ‘yum’!
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour over meat, and stir until meat is coated.
- Add beef broth, carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic, and bay leave; stir to combine.
- Cover, and cook until beef is tender enough to cut with a spoon, on Low for 8 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)