This chicken Valentino is a dish to serve guests — be ready to impress! Good enough to be served at a high-priced restaurant, but easy enough to make yourself. Creamy mozzarella and roasted red peppers make the dish really special. Serve over pasta with Alfredo sauce.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Slice a chicken breast in half lengthwise, leaving halves attached on one side. Open breast and lay flat; it should resemble a butterfly. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and chives in a bowl; sprinkle over chicken breasts. At one end of each breast, place 3 strips of roasted pepper and top with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Roll each breast up, starting on the side with peppers and cheese. Insert a toothpick in each roll to prevent unrolling. Place in the prepared baking dish. Season rolls with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Set oven to broil; continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice to display colorful filling, and serve.
SOURCE : ALLRECIPES