Delicious stuffed green peppers that are easy to make. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice, and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.
- 6 green bell peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- water as needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off bell peppers and remove the seeds. Cook bell peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each bell pepper and set aside.
- Place ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess fat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, rice, and Worcestershire sauce; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stuff each bell pepper with beef and rice mixture; arrange open-side up in a baking dish.
- Combine tomato soup with just enough water in a medium bowl to make the soup a gravy consistency; pour over the bell peppers and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes.