- Makes 4 servings .
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil (I used olive oil)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in egg and then in cornstarch. Pan fry in oil until golden brown, but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken. Bake chicken for 6o minutes, turning every 15 minutes. You can also make extra sauce – add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until thick.
Nutritional Info :
- Smart points 21