- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- red maraschino cherries
- green maraschino cherries
- Hershey’s mini kisses baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump softened butter and confectioner’s sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the flour and cornstarch to the bowl.
- Continue mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough forms and the mixture is no longer crumbly.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on a non stick cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the balls.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookie dough balls.
- If you are topping with cherries, place them on top of the cookies now and gently press them down into the dough.
- Any cookies you are planning on topping with Hershey’s mini kisses should be left bare until after baking.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the cookies until they are golden brown around the bottom edges. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- If you are using Hershey’s mini kisses, place them on the cookies now and press down gently.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the cookies to a piece of parchment paper on the counter to cool off.
- Serve and enjoy!