EASY HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE TURTLE CAKE :
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
- 1 1/3 cups water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
1. Prepare cake mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13×9 inch pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
3. In a double boiler, add carmels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
4. Pour melted carmel over cooling cake. Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
5. Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.