- 2 C crushed oreos
- ¼ C unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate cheesecake ingredients
- 2 – 8oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ C sour cream
- ⅓ C sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 12 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 – 8oz cool whip
- 1 container of chocolate sprinkles
- 1 medium piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray.
- Now if a food processor you want to grind up 24 Oreo cookies, so they are like sand-texture for making your chocolate crust.
- Mix in the melted butter, and combine the two.
- Press the crushed oreos into the springform pan.
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture. This will help it to set up a bit.
Chocolate cheesecake Directions
- In a large bowl or stand mixer you want to mix up your cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and mix until nice and creamy.
- Slowly add in your cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the egg, making sure to not overmix, as that will cause cracking in cheesecake.
- Pour your chocolate cheesecake over the Oreo cookie crust.
- Cover tightly with foil, and put 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
- Place your trivet in the Instant pOt, and then lower your cheesecake in.
- Close your pressure cooker lid and ensure it is sealed on the valve. Cook high pressure for 35 minutes with a 20 minute natural release of pressure.
- Remove the lid and wipe up excess water on the aluminum foil with a paper towel.
- Remove from the pot and allow the cake to cool for an hour, then transfer to the fridge to refrigerate overnight.
- Place a trivet inside
- Using a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust.
- Remove the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate if you would like.
- Pipe cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake, and leave the center open for the pie filling.
- Spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake to give it that black forest cheesecake look and feel.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top if you would like.
- Cut and serve your homemade black forest cheesecake!