- 8 cups russet potatoes, cubed (6-7 potatoes)
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cubed ham
- 1 (32 oz.) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes, ham, celery, carrots and onion in slow cooker, and season generously with salt and pepper, then pour in chicken broth.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until potatoes are cooked through and fork tender. Lightly mash potatoes (they don’t need to be smooth).
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour until flour is completely dissolved, then stir mixture into soup, along with sour cream.
- Cover slow cooker again and cook on high for 15-20 minutes, or until soup is hot and creamy.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Dinner Then Dessert